Worship Service Sundays: 10:30 am
ARTICLE III: Statement of Faith
1) We believe that the Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, is the divinely inspired and infallible word of God and the final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
2) We believe in God the Father, Maker and Sustainer of heaven and earth. We believe that He created man and woman in His image.
3) We believe there is one God, revealed in three persons, co-existent, co-equal and co-eternal, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
4) We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His conception by the Holy Spirit, His birth of the Virgin Mary, His real but sinless humanity, His voluntary humiliation in life as a Man of Sorrows culminating in His death on the Cross for our Sin, His bodily resurrection from the dead, His ascension into heaven as the only and eternal mediator between us and God, and His coming again in power and glory.
5) We believe in God the Holy Spirit, who proceeds from God the Father and God the Son, to convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment. We believe that the Holy Spirit comes to dwell within every believer in Christ as an abiding helper, teacher and guide. He is the source of power from on high that is available to each committed believer in order to bear witness to Jesus Christ and minister in His name.
6) We believe that every human being who has not yet accepted God’s love in Jesus Christ is separated from God and, apart from God, is sinful and lost. Our recognition of this condition, our repentance, and our regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for our salvation. Redemption is wholly by the blood of Christ, and salvation is by grace, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
7) We believe each person committed to Jesus Christ possesses eternal life now, and through the power of the Holy Spirit is enabled to live a Godly life.
8) We believe our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ will return to claim His Church. His coming again is the fulfillment of the blessed hope set before the believer. Those who entrust themselves to Him will bodily rise to everlasting joy. Those who reject His love will be raised for final judgment.
9) We believe in the Church universal. The Church of Christ is not an organization but a living body composed of all believers in Jesus Christ. A local church is an expression in any locality of the Church universal. It is composed of believers gathered as a corporate testimony to the Lordship of Christ and their oneness under Him as the Body of Christ.