/ Children, Seniors and Others Ministries
Worship Service Sundays: 10:30 am
The Senior Fellowship is:
- A ministry of Christian Fellowship dependent on Jesus Christ.
- A ministry of Christian Encouragement reinforcing the value of each individual to God.
- A ministry of Christian Friendship building positive, fulfilling relationships by following the servant example of Jesus.
- A ministry of Christian Compassion providing physical, emotional, and spiritual support as led and strengthened by the Holy Spirit.
- A ministry of Christian Outreach, not limiting our focus to members of the congregation, but responding to all people as we have the opportunity to share the love of Christ.
Just some of the things we do:
- Provide visitation to seniors in the hospital, home-bound, or in a nursing home/assisted living or retirement facility.
- Provide physical needs and meet the transportation needs of seniors for appointments, hospital visits and spouse visitation (if hospitalized).
- Monthly luncheons and speakers or activities.
- End-of-Life care.
- Provide finances for recreation opportunities at the Nursing Home.
To email the coordinators for more information;
Letters of Love
The mandated physical distancing necessary to stop the COVID-19 pandemic, is causing incredible isolation for especially seniors. To combat this isolation, we are inviting everyone to write notes and letters of encouragement! You can even get (grand)children involved! If they can draw or color a picture, that would be much appreciated.
How it works:
1) Write a note or letter (or color a picture)
2) Drop it off at Emmanuel Church,
Tuesdays - Fridays 9 am - 1 pm
(or contact us to request pickup)
3) Emmanuel's Seniors' Ministry will deliver the 'Letters of Love' to local seniors and seniors' homes.
Thank you for sharing your love!