Sunflower Growing kits are ready for pick up from May 8th - May 22nd, 2022
Inspired by a similar challenge hosted by a community in the Netherlands, we are hoping to create smiles with sunflowers this summer! Who doesn't smile when they see a sunflower?
So here's the scoop:
1. Come pick up your free growing kits from Emmanuel Congregational Church in Middleton (37 Gates Ave., Middleton NS) starting May 8th, 2022!
2. Take it home, plant, and grow your seed into a big beautiful flower. Don't worry - we have tips, tricks and how-to's on how to grow your plant that we'll share throughout the process!
3. Be sure to follow along on our social media pages and use our #hashtag when sharing photos to participate in fun activities throughout the summer!
4. At the end of August, we will have a big End-Of-Summer bash where there will be a sunflower competition (along with a lot of other fun stuff and goodies). Each flower brought along will be judged, and awards will be handed out in several categories!
5. Lastly, these big, beautiful blooms will be gathered and delivered to homes throughout the community to those who could use a little cheering up!
Sunflower Growing Kits can be picked up from 37 Gates Ave, Middleton, NS during the weekdays from 9-4, or on Sunday mornings from 9-12.
You can register your seed by clicking the "Register Now" button above!
All are invited to participate! Whether your 3, 33 or 83, living in Middleton or Bridgetown, if you get your hands on one of these growing kits, you're welcome to join the fun!
*Note: You don't need to register, but if you do, you will be privy to important information and reminders, growing tips & tricks, and insider scoops on upcoming challenges and contests!
Have more questions? Never fear! Check out our FAQ's right over here: